In respect of the statewide lockdown on the 27th May 2021, the State Government have made available the following grants to affected businesses:
Business Costs Assistance Program Round 2
Eligibility for either the $2,500 or the $5,000 support program is based on:
- Being located in Victoria
- Operating in an eligible sector – that is, your ANZSIC industry code registered with your ABN is on the attached list: Business Cost Assistance Program – Eligible ANZSIC Classes
- Have incurred direct costs because of restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- Annual payroll of up to $10m. This does not exclude self employed or businesses who do not pay wages
- Employing businesses must be registered with WorkCover and attest that you are helping workers access any paid leave entitlements, work from home options, or supporting casual workers where possible
- Be registered for GST and an ABN as of the 27th May 2021
- Not receiving a grant under the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
You will need to provide your ABN, your Workcover Employer Number (if an employer) and a valid proof of identity document – drivers license, passport, Medicare card etc.
This is on a per-ABN case, so if you run multiple businesses under one ABN you are only eligible once.
The payment is $2,500 for businesses affected between the 27th May 2021 and 3rd June 2021 (ie the first week of lockdown) and $5,000 if still affected after the 3rd June.
Apply here: Business Costs Assistance Program 2 Application.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021
This grant is for the following hospitality businesses who:
- Operate a bar, restaurant, pub, hotel, club, café or reception centre that is registered to serve food and alcohol in Victoria on the 27th May 2021
- Hold a general or late night (general) full club, restaurant and café, producers’ or on-premises or late night liquor license on that date
- Provide a Class 2 or 3 Service Sector Certificate of Registration
- Hold an ABN and registered for GST
The grant is $3,500 for regional venues and $7,000 for metropolitan venues. Unlike the support grant above, this is on a per-venue basis.
Like the Fund last year, you’ll need a copy of your food certificate registration and a proof of identity document.
Invitations to apply will be sent from the VCGLR to the email listed on the Liquor Portal.